After STPM ended, I feel so free like a dove being freed from a cage. Now, I don't have to worry about anything except my results (even if it comes, braise yourselves). I haven't been in much contact with my classmates and schoolmates.
To pass my days, my usual place would be the La Salle Centre. Ever since I was in form 4, I love to hang out at that place. I've been helping out Aunty Sharon, Ambrose, Isaac and also Brother Matthew. To some people it is fun hanging out at Jusco but to me I feel that the only things you can do there would be - watching a movie, eating and shopping!
I want to try other things like living skills. And i mean real Living Skills work! An example would be painting. I have been helping out lately at centre, as mentioned, and it was really fun. First day I was helping Brother Matthew to arrange the pictures for the 2008 session.
The next day, I came and I saw Stephen Liew. He was also helping out too. Check out his out and you will know that he helped Brother Matthew to touch up the statue of La Salle just today.
I thought of not going back to the centre today but because Stephen had a few things not sorted out so decided to give him a helping hand. The more the merrier.
So today, was basically put in charge of decorating the board with the regional covention pictures this year and the national level last year. Decided to put my artistic skills to work but thought it would turn out bad. Eventually, I could read my own handwriting. So that's okay I think? Haha! I didn't take the picture of my art work so I wouldn't post here.
Hmm, I'm think that I should buy Isaac lunch or something. He has been buying for me. Thanks Isaac! (Infact I was supposed to belanja him go out and minum but I don't really think he has the time now or was it just a reason for not taking him out to belanja??? Hope he doesn't read this :P) After that, cleaned up the mess I made on the table.
Stephen continued painting and I was 'helping' him. (The help here was telling him that he missed a spot. :D) However credit goes to him definitely. At that moment, Brother was drilling holes to fix something on the wall and after doing so he noticed that wall need a fresh coat of paint. I was picked to help him to paint. Oh yeah, this is what I call living skills. My first time painting after so many years and it's like a painting a scenary for my art subject. :)
Stephen helped me too and both of us finished at least three quarter of the wall. Haha. It was so fun. I felt like i'm a pro at doing so! (Chuckles) Infact doing work at the centre helps me to improve this skills which will be useful later on. So glad to do the work. Work and work and work. Non-stop! I guess i am a workaholic. Work late into the day without realising how time has flown. Anyway I love what i'm doing! Yee hah!
The experience being able to all these things is far better than doing it for the money. Though money is important but to earn it requires hard work and of course passion for it. I work for the money at an early stage and hopefully money will work for him later on. For now, I have to go to bed.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment