Today was one of the days i just had a guts to do something that was wild beyond my imagination.
The ADAMS (stands for Arts, Drama And Music Society) organised a SMI Popteen competition to 'mencungkil bakat-bakat baru'. So, I decided to challenge myself to go for it. Even some of my DISCO members were like 'terkejut'. At first i decided not to join because I was handling too many things at one go eg. compilation. However, fortunately it was cancelled. So, i sort of like enrolled last minute! Hehez...
When i stepped foot in school...it was only 6 hours before the audition begins. I never ever went for such a audition in my life probably coz i was to afraid of my voice. Before this, I joined with two of my classmates - jocelyn & yuh luan. Due to their workload we decided to cancel it.
And so the next day my members were disappointed hearing i'm not joining. I wanted to finish off my work because I'm kinda worried about not having compilation for weeks now. Forget bout work now.
Suddenly out of a sudden, I had a brilliant idea. Since i couldn't find any teammates i might as well join the individual catogery. And i asked faris whether the registration is closed. He said no. Ok, i wanna join! Gosh, i couldn't believe what i was doing! This was like..."this isn't Aaron Oo at all".
Today during HQ, since compilation is off & i just said that i'm joining the audition. Everyone just dropped their jaws. Hahaz... Even Cynthia was surprised cause it was kinda last minute.
I had butterflies in my stomach throughout the whole schooling period but it wasn't so bad until the end of the day. When school ended, the participants headed to the classes - USA4 to wait for the arrival of the judges.
Haha...guess who they were? Who else but Miss Ling and Miss Corrinne. ARghh! Habis cerita... All participants went like *OMIGOD*. Miss ling is like Paula Abdul whereas Miss Corrinne is like Simon Cowell. I can hardly imagine the other participants facing them. Hahaz...
So i waited till 1.45pm when it came to my turn. Oh well...at least it wasn't that bad cause when i stepped in. Handed the judgement slips to them and started singing. The song was 'at the beginning' (Anastacia).
I realised that i was pitchy because i couldn't control the high notes and slipped at one word...where my voice just went off like a hiccup. However, i was glad since i had a background in music, i managed to bring back the tune to normal and brought out the full potential of my voice. Gosh...i sang the first part and the chorus at full blast. My voice could be projected throughout the whole class. That's my opinion. What bout the judges? Hehez... Well we gotta find out on Monday.
One thing i learned from this audition today is having the guts to come out and sing! I wanted to that for a long time but didn't want to cause i was afraid. The catalyst that provoked me to challenge myself was during LTC and also the National Lasallian Leaders' Convention. I just dared myself to take it up and just don't bother even if i was laughed at. That taught me to laugh along as well. Make and change it into a positive environment.
I'm happier with my life now. So no doubts about it.
The ADAMS (stands for Arts, Drama And Music Society) organised a SMI Popteen competition to 'mencungkil bakat-bakat baru'. So, I decided to challenge myself to go for it. Even some of my DISCO members were like 'terkejut'. At first i decided not to join because I was handling too many things at one go eg. compilation. However, fortunately it was cancelled. So, i sort of like enrolled last minute! Hehez...
When i stepped foot in school...it was only 6 hours before the audition begins. I never ever went for such a audition in my life probably coz i was to afraid of my voice. Before this, I joined with two of my classmates - jocelyn & yuh luan. Due to their workload we decided to cancel it.
And so the next day my members were disappointed hearing i'm not joining. I wanted to finish off my work because I'm kinda worried about not having compilation for weeks now. Forget bout work now.
Suddenly out of a sudden, I had a brilliant idea. Since i couldn't find any teammates i might as well join the individual catogery. And i asked faris whether the registration is closed. He said no. Ok, i wanna join! Gosh, i couldn't believe what i was doing! This was like..."this isn't Aaron Oo at all".
Today during HQ, since compilation is off & i just said that i'm joining the audition. Everyone just dropped their jaws. Hahaz... Even Cynthia was surprised cause it was kinda last minute.
I had butterflies in my stomach throughout the whole schooling period but it wasn't so bad until the end of the day. When school ended, the participants headed to the classes - USA4 to wait for the arrival of the judges.
Haha...guess who they were? Who else but Miss Ling and Miss Corrinne. ARghh! Habis cerita... All participants went like *OMIGOD*. Miss ling is like Paula Abdul whereas Miss Corrinne is like Simon Cowell. I can hardly imagine the other participants facing them. Hahaz...
So i waited till 1.45pm when it came to my turn. Oh well...at least it wasn't that bad cause when i stepped in. Handed the judgement slips to them and started singing. The song was 'at the beginning' (Anastacia).
I realised that i was pitchy because i couldn't control the high notes and slipped at one word...where my voice just went off like a hiccup. However, i was glad since i had a background in music, i managed to bring back the tune to normal and brought out the full potential of my voice. Gosh...i sang the first part and the chorus at full blast. My voice could be projected throughout the whole class. That's my opinion. What bout the judges? Hehez... Well we gotta find out on Monday.
One thing i learned from this audition today is having the guts to come out and sing! I wanted to that for a long time but didn't want to cause i was afraid. The catalyst that provoked me to challenge myself was during LTC and also the National Lasallian Leaders' Convention. I just dared myself to take it up and just don't bother even if i was laughed at. That taught me to laugh along as well. Make and change it into a positive environment.
I'm happier with my life now. So no doubts about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment