My perception of working is totally different now. Just to refresh you guys if you want to know my whereabouts, I'm currently working at the St. John's kindergarten as a teacher (support staff to help the other teachers), office staff and also handling admin work.
I really really do enjoy working! Though by the end of the way you hear me 'whining' about my job but I really do like working! At least it doesn't make me so bored in the house. I get to meet new people (standard text book answer), get to drive a van, get to teach cute kids (the childred are so cute!) and best of all I get to have lunch across my beloved alma mater.
The work in the office there is never ending. Just when you have finished one pile of work, another comes in! Well, that's what you call work! The work that I'm doing is real office work! I get to pick up phone calls, learn how to transfer them to other parts of the kindergarten and learn how to photocopy too! So much fun!
My salary isn't much. Just RM 500 a month! Those friends of mine who's working in mobile shops earn about RM 1000+/-. To me, I'm happy that this is the first time I'm working and I got my first pay cheque. You may think that it's nothing but it's something to me infact. This is the very FIRST time I'm working and hence getting the money is through my hardwork. And best of all working in the kindergarten will strengthen my resume! I want to become an educator as a career and working in the kindergarten definately strengthens my resume!
I not only learn to do admin work, office boy work but also to teach the little kids. Seeing the children everyday really makes my day. The smile and laughter (plus the naughtiness in them) can make you forget about what is going to come later on. I'm under two kindergarten teachers as a support staff. What's my role? It's very simple. I just help the kids in their homework and make sure they don't be TOO naughty. Hehe! Garanglah this teacher!??
I don't really regret going to work like almost everyday (Monday is my day off) but to get up on a Sunday and to reach there before 7.30 am is crazy man! But have to endure until like mid of May. Luckily I'm still an active Lasallian in the Formation Team and also in the conventions. Thank my stars for allowing me to be an active member in this Lasallian movement. I personally feel that this process is not only about conventions and weekends we spend together. It is also about getting actively involved in realizing the social realities occuring in our country and be part of the movement to make Malaysia a better place. La Salle's work is recognized by many and we would at him as a role model to walk the talk.
Okay I'm going to sign off. See you guys later! Nite.
No comments:
Post a Comment