This is really a serious issue detaining a journalist under the ISA (Internal Security Act). Gosh, I was shocked to hear this news. People are reporting the truth and nothing but the truth. And what happens? You get locked up in ISA for a silly reason - your life is threatened and you need to be protected. Har? You gotta be kidding me? What kind of logic is that? The Home Minister said that they received news that her life has been threatened. So to curb this problem, what did they do? Send her to ISA!
Imagine, the ISA was implemented in the 60's for the purpose of detaining terrorists. But today what you see isn't complying with the purpose it was created for. We talk about the freedom of speech and reporting nothing but the truth. In the end, is this the fate of every journalist who do write ups? Seriously this is not democracy but the act of tyranny!
The detaining of MP Seputeh, Teresa Kok ; Malaysia Today author, Raja Petra ; and Sin Chew journalist, Tan Hoon Cheng has opened the eyes of many Malaysians of the current situation. We definitely cannot stand such injustice! We let the real culprits get away hands free. It's sad to see how the government is running now. There's no proper communication and everything is chaotic. Now if you ask me, i can't guarantee whether I will be safe among the streets. Anytime I don't know whether i'm going to be arrested. You can't even sleep properly because they can just break into the house to nab you for some crime you didn't even commit.
I'm praying hard that everyone will be fighting for their rights and at the same time let us unite against all these REAL threats. Regardless whether you are muslim or a non-muslim, Malay, Chinese or Indian. Let us make Malaysia a better place to live.
*****
Trials so far has been great (don't expect the marks to be greatla...hehe) and it was better than mid-term. Thank God for every strength He gave me. I was really thankful I could answer much better and now STPM, I challenge you! You have been making me work harder and harder for my betterment and now I will challenge you in November. So guys and girls, Michaelians, Lasallians and many more I wish you all the best in STPM. Let's do it! We rock people!
Will try to blog more often. Thanks guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment