Friday, 1 June 2007

A success & A fresh start

A dawn of a new century has broken. 1st of June marks an important chapter in my journey. Not many of us would take into consideration of unimportant dates like 1st of June unlike mother's day, teacher's day, international word tobacco day etc...you get the gist right?

I may not have told you guys this (i did tell to a few friends infact). Just 2 months back, I had been writing a script to be submitted for the ANIMAX Awards. Shocked??! Well, I had to turn down offers from a few friends to go out because I was running short of time.

Anyway, the best part of all is I succesfully submitted my script material to the Animax Awards headquarters in Singapore at 10:36pm yesterday, 31st May 2007. Why is the time here important? Due date was yesterday and they will only accept the script until 11:59:59 pm.

At 10.36pm, that was the most memorable time for me to rejoice. For the first time ever, I managed to do something that I REALLLLYY wanted to do. Throughout the journey of completing my 'masterpiece' I had learned very important lessons.

Lesson #1:
Constant search of inspiration and ideas. This lesson had taught me to be open-minded and always made me on the search for more creative ideas. Sticking to your own ideas is not wise because there are others which are more interesting.

Lesson #2:
Always proof read your work contents. Proof reading is important especially when you are doing final checkings before you start to submit. Having too many grammatical and spelling mistakes proofs that you don't check your work even if your idea is great. I realize the importance of proof reading and will apply in whatever work that I do.

Lesson #3:
Be determined and never give up to reach your goal. Writing a story that is about 40 to 50 pages is a lot of work. I never doubt that. At some time, I almost gave up writing because my journey was still far ahead. Little did I realize the dateline was approaching and I haven't completed everything yet. Still, I told myself that I'm a fighter and won't give up. The endurance that I put up with finally paid off when I successfully submitted the script yesterday. I would be called a quiter if I just gave up half way.

Lesson #4:
Be ahead in your plannings. I never thought that being ahead gives me the advantage. Yet, throughout the journey I realized that it did. Planning is important because it helps you to be strategic and have backup plans in case plan A fails. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. By learning to plan, i'm learning to mould myself into a different character.

Lesson #5:
Be a person of action rather than words. You know what this means so I'm not going to elaborate.

From now on, it will be a fresh start for me to challenge myself. Will update with you guys later. Gotta go for lunch. Tata.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can we exchange works? send yours at khairij@gmail.com and i'll send mine.

Aaron Oo said...

Sure harrysuke. I will send it to you. Check your mail! :)