I dread entering a new lifestyle because of one thing - orientation. Most of the orientations that I had actually faced were considered boring. All the speeches...especially 'short' ones!
However form 6 orientation was totally different. I had a perception that form 6 orientation would be boring. Thought we will be given just introduction on subjects and speeches. NO.........I was wrong!
The orientation programme wasn't just only to tell us about the school. It's also all about trying to bond students from different schools to meet one another. Because...we are no longer called based on our previous school, instead we are known as - MICHAELIANS!
The 6th Form Council had done so much for us even sacrificing their 3 days of lessons just to facilitate us and help Mr. Karu run the show. I thought they were just there to distribute papers and handle registrations. This is where I went wrong again.
They had gone through the trouble preparing activities for us to enjoy, laugh at their 'stupid' gestures and bring us to at least talk with people. Now that's the way bonding should be. I had learned lots of things through orientation. Among them are :-
i ) thinking ahead on what you decide to do;
ii ) what I want to be in future?;
iii) what courses are suitable for me;
iv) don't just see the near future...you gotta think ahead till degrees or masters;
v ) studies is important but it's how you can balance with it;
vi) mixing around with people and making them comfortable at home - don't treat them like strangers!
Today, orientation ended with us being streamed into our individual classes. Lessons officially start on Monday.
For the past 3 days, I had managed to meet up with new friends, reconsile with old friends and best of all...i finally found my true self after all!
It's so nice to start class soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment